We ensure quality throughout the whole process of refurbishing your wheels.
1. Starting The Process….
- A job sheet is created with all requirements and customers details (with or without tyres)
- The tyres, valves, weights and centre caps are all removed from the wheels and placed into a job bag
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring Sensors (TPMS) are checked for battery life at this stage or checked to see if they are any faults
- Tyres and centre caps are then labelled ready for storage
- The wheels are then checked for damage i.e. Cracks and/or buckles
- We then notify our customers if any such damage is identified
- For identification purposes the wheels are then stamped inside
- Any tyres below the legal limit or if found to be damaged will be reported to the customer
2. The Chemical Process ….
- Using an eco-friendly chemical we strip the whole wheel of any paint
- The wheels are then thoroughly washed with another chemical and Vapour blasted if necessary. (Shot blasting can be detrimental to alloy material)
3. The Repair Process ….
- The wheels at this point are repaired of any damage, buckles, cracks and/or scuff damage
- The wheels are then inspected thoroughly again as part of our quality control and ready for the spraying process
4. The Spraying Process ….
- The wheels are now processed through our wheel powder coating plant
- The second stage is to apply the OEM matched colour to the wheel
- Diamond turned wheels will be processed at this stage
- The wheels are then powder lacquered and left to cool down
5. The Final Process ….
- The wheels are inspected and passed in accordance to our quality guidelines
- The valves (including TMPS) are refitted to the wheels at this stage
- Legal tyres are then refitted back on the wheels (dependent on if they came in with tyres)
- The wheels with legal tyres will then be re-balanced using stick on aluminium metal weights and centre caps fitted
- Finally the wheels will be packaged for delivery or placed back onto the vehicle if it was left with us